1.What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
I bought a dried fish on a whim.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any last year. I'm making one for this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Several friends have been procreating.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Alas, I've been a homebody this year. Not even Wales or Scotland.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I tend not to think in terms of dates. I had too many memorable days to be able to remember them :) Going to the Sigur Rós gig with Matt was a representative high-point.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going for, and continuing to stick with, therapy.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failing to be energetic and disciplined enough.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Only a continuation of the usual ones, though whatever's the matter with my bladder, if anything, seems to be new. Fortunately I escaped the car crash with not even a scrape.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
In terms of enjoyable hours/price, Oblivion.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Nobody; at least, not for very long.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Living. Non-necessary purchases were mostly books.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The release of Oblivion.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
I don't think there is one.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you;
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
About the same, I think.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
The things I put off to another day and never got round to.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Visiting people, worrying about Dad, and catching cold :)
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I fall in love all the time.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
I don't watch TV. Though when I visited Greg and Heike, I enjoyed watching House.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Ooh, that's tricky. To pluck a really good one from thin air: China Miéville's Looking for Jake.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Again, tricky. Try Peter Philips.
27. What did you want and get?
Love and friendship.
28. What did you want and not get?
A copy of the OED.
29. What was your favourite film of this year?
I don't think I saw any of this year's films.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Nothing special. I was 47. A very unspecial, ordinary birthday.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
I don't have one.
33. What kept you sane?
Drugs and good people.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
How the world can survive the USA.
36. Who did you miss?
tals, a lot, and often. the_g_man. petulans and starcrossedgirl. mattp. And many, many others.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Ooh, that's really a tough one. purplebenji may well be top.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Feeling is just as necessary as thinking.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
How can I keep from singing?