It's to be done in the usual fashion: repost the list in your LJ if you please, emboldening, italicising, underlining or otherwise emphasising those items which you have done. You may, as I have chosen to do, add commentary to any answer. Yes, I know there is no number 11. I don't know why.
1. Started your own blog Though I hate the term 'blog' and refuse to use it.
2. Slept under the stars Pedantically, one can hardly avoid this, but I have indeed slept with nothing above me but atmosphere.
3. Played in a band Technically, yes.
4. Visited Hawaii Please note my LJ Interests, which include 'being obstinately English'. I've decided to boycott the place until it goes back to being the Sandwich Islands, or even the Cucumber Sandwich With The Crusts Removed And A Nice Cup Of Tea Please Islands.
5. Watched a meteor shower Many and frequently.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland Nor have I any desire to.
8. Climbed a mountain All the biggies in the Lake District; Snowdon; and I've taken a cable car up the Wank, but that's not really 'climbing'.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo Yes, when I was a chorister.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris Business rather than pleasure, I'm afraid. I should like to return.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch I've certainly taught myself plenty of skills, if that counts.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty There was no point in doing so, as the day was densely foggy.
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train My favourite was Birmingham-Inverness.
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb During lambing it's hard not to have to.
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse Solar, no; lunar, yes.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset Both, and on the same day too.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise If you count the Norfolk Broads on a narrowboat, yes.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors Of some of them.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language All my Old English and the great majority of my Middle English is self-learned.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied Often. I don't need much.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance With blue lights and siren, no less, a couple of weeks ago.
47. Had your portrait painted No, but I've modeled for art students.
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a cheque Only by accident.
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favourite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job Technically not, since my contract was simply not renewed, but...
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone Several.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle Had sex on a speeding motorcycle, no less :)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book I still hope to, when Ana has sorted her life out, and if katherinedeane still has time.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible Probably, by now, though not in any disciplined fashion.
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating Fish, chickens
88. Had chickenpox Twice :(
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous Dahling, I AM someone famous! but seriously, it depends on how you define fame. Are Maddy Prior, Ivor Cutler, David Bedford (the composer, not the athlete), Fred Frith, Fritz Klein, Benoît Mandelbrot, Ian Stewart, Chris Zeeman, Margaret Drabble or Olivia Newton-John famous?
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit I've been prosecuted - unsuccessfully, thank goodness. Does that count?
98. Owned a cell phone Never, ever.
99. Been stung by a bee Probably hundreds of times.
100. Read an entire book in one day Often. There have been days when I've read more than one. I am a voracious reader.